<< | Page list | >>
Notes from creating prosper-layout/sample.lyx
These are notes from creating the document:
Note: This directory/file has disappeared, so just imagine this being
for one of the other examples.
- I created a new LyX-document, set the document class to
slides (prosper) and entered title, author, institution and slides as normal.
- The prosper.layout doesn't support "subtitle" or "email", so those have to be defined in the preamble.
- I had problems compiling since prosper tried to find
PPRenglish.sty which doesn't exist. To solve that problem I created a link:
PPRenglish.sty -> PPRdefault.sty
Alternatively, you can just write
Layout->Document->Layout->Options, this makes prosper use
- The papersize of the exported sample.pdf was incorrectly set as "letter". This shows up as a strange size of the slide when viewed in fullscreen-mode with for instance Acroread. To fix this, I first made sure that these tools produce A4 as default:
but I also have to go into
and set Default paper size
About dvips, check the file
. If IIRC, the important thing is that these two lines:
@ A4size 210mm 297mm
@+ %%PaperSize: A4
come before any lines that define "letter" as paper size.
- Now the fullscreen view looks good horizontally, but there are still two unused areas above and below the slide.
- To actually use the entire screen area, I had to add the document option ("Layout->Document->Layout->Options"):
pdf, which is really needed to tell Prosper that this is meant as a slide presentation using PDF.
- To get the document to automatically open in fullscreen mode, I added the following to the preamble:
- Finally, I also saved this document as prosper-layout/fancy.lyx, where I added the following document options:
pascal,colorBG,slideColor to make it more colourful and fancy.