<< | Page list | >>
LyX meeting on 2021-01-11.
2021-01-11 16:00-17:15 (UTC) on Zoom
- Jean-Pierre Chretien
- Riki Heck
- Scott Kostyshak
- Joel Kulesza
- Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
- José Matos
- Pavel Sanda
- Jürgen Spitzmüller
- Stephan Witt
- Organization, Donations and Such
- LyX 2.4 Plans
Organization, Donations and Such
- The donation page needs to be reworked.
- Jean-Marc to talk to Lars about the LyX account.
- Jean-Marc retrieved an old email from TUG with suggestions on how to deal with donations. He will try to contact them.
- José will look into affiliating us with some FOSS organization to deal with with administrative issues.
- The legal perspective is necessary in order to have the LyX binary correctly signed in the Mac/Apple platform.
LyX 2.4 Plans
- Jean-Pierre made a small presentation with the different workflows of the documentation update.
- The difficulty comes from synchronizing the documents between the different languages. Every major and minor changes need to be applied to other languages.
- One option is to copy and paste the new/changed sections to other languages documents in other to ease the translation effort.
- Riki will ask on the developers and user mailing list for someone to take over managing the documentation.
- It was agreed that we should do regular alpha and/or testing releases.
- It was unanimously agreed that 2.4 is in good shape and so we should proceed with a 2.4 release.
- Riki will be the release manager for the current release cycle.
- NOW: Have a discussion about what new features people still want to get into 2.4.
- NOW: No re-factoring changes.
- Revert the move constructor change for now. This change can be applied after the stable release.
- SOON: A feature and format freeze is coming soon.
Issue tracker migration
Trac, our current issue/bug manager is quite dated. It needs maintenance in order for it to be updated. Considering the work involved we are considering other options.
- Joel will work on migrating to GitLab, or other related platform. This migration will only proceed after the next stable release.
Category: Development, LyX Meeting