<< | Page list | >>
The proposal for a roadmap to implement bundling in LyX2.0.
This page has not been released yet. When you happen to have found this page and you can't resist reading the content of this page, do not complain to the author.
The following sources of information have been used:
Collection of all files that are needed to form a compilable document
- Global vs Inset-specific embedding
If one of the features is to obtain a compilable document, global embedding is a logic strategy. However one can easily think of exceptions:
- creating document templates including figures (see ), users would then have a document comprised of the embedded template-related files and their own files
- embedding only those figures that are new or changed (with respect to a previous version),
- excluding large files from being embedded (to make the document suitable for e-mail),
- manually adding external files (as we probably won't be able to guarantee a compilable document always).
Export the lyx document + the embedded files as a single file.
Based on the BundleSuggestions document, it seems that the preference of most developers is to have a zipped directory (structure) containing the lyx files and all embedded files.
Working in a bundled mode
This requires synchronization of the external files and the embedded files. Some challenges:
- The users are now used to work with a LyX document with links to external files. Changing the external file immediately changes the content of the document.
- To avoid confusion, it would be a merit not to have two versions of an image: the external file and the embedded file.
Category: Development, LyX_2_1