<< | Page list | >>
Description of test procedure for a new release of a the Windows installers of LyX. This page should hopefully allow advanced Windows users to help testing the installers.
Test procedure for the alternate Windows installer
The major problem with testing a new release of the Windows installer
is that it cannot be built until after the source code of a new LyX
release has been prepared. This means a slight delay between a new LyX
release and the release of a corresponding Windows installer.
It is especially helpful with users that are able to build the
Windows installer themselves, in case Uwe is delayed in building it
after a new LyX release.
Uwe's testing routine of the alternate Windows installer.
- Install complete: deinstall Aspell, MiKTeX, ImageMagick, LyX, etc.
before installing LyX
- Install small: start with an already installed MiKTeX
- Install on different systems: WinXP, WinXPx64, Win2000
- Install update: start from the previous LyX installation
In all 4 cases I test:
- Graphics, InstantPreview, Spellchecker, Math, Thesaurus,
and if I can I compile the UserGuide
But there are these additional cases:
- install LyX on a system where Aspell is already installed
(only needed when there is a new Aspell release)
- install LyX on a system where Python is not already installed
(only needed when there is a new Python release or when there
is a new Python script in LyX)
- install LyX on a system where ImageMagick is not already installed
(always needed, because every month the fix security issues)
- install LyX on a system where Ghostscript is already installed
(always needed, due to ImageMagick)
- install LyX on a system where JabRef is already installed
(only needed when there is a new JabRef release
This is quite a lot of testing, and there are still many unchecked cases:
- Vista x64
- Acrobat 7, Acrobat 8, Acrobate 8.1 (yes, every version behaves differently)
- TeXLive 2005, TeXLive 2006, TeXLive 2007 (every version behaves differently)
- Starting when MikTeX 2.4 is already installed,
Starting when MikTeX 2.5 is already installed...