<< | Page list | >>
- Welcome: Welcome to the wiki-wiki of the LyX community
- About LyX
- About LyX: What is LyX?
- News: News related to LyX - primarily a redirection to the LyX web site.
- NewInLyX23: About the new features in LyX 2.3.
- NewInLyX22: About the new features in LyX 2.2.
- NewInLyX21: About the new features in LyX 2.1.
- NewInLyX20: About the new features in LyX 2.0.
- NewInLyX16: About the new features in LyX 1.6
- NewInLyX15: About the new features in LyX 1.5
- NewInLyX14: About the new features in LyX 1.4
- Press about LyX: Links to articles etc about LyX, the primary page is at the main LyX site [www.lyx.org]
- Mascot: About the LyX mascot that is illustrated in e.g. the logotype.
- Download: This page lists links for downloading various versions of LyX. If you confront problems with the server (downloading binaries etc.), you should try to use a mirror.
- LyX Version Numbers Description of LyX version numbers and the principles behind them.
- InternetResources: Official internet sites and resources related to LyX. For developers, Devel.InternetResources contain additional details.
- IRC: About Internet Relay Chat (IRC) related to LyX.
- Links: Links to other sites and resources related to LyX
- Praise: Praise about LyX
- Complaints: Complaints about LyX
- ProducedPublications: Publications that have been produced using LyX
- Pros and cons: Advantages and disadvantages with using LyX to produce documents.
- Reasons to use Lyx instead of Latex: Reasons to use LyX instead of LaTeX
- LyX vs other software: A place for comments and notes about LyX versus other software that does something similar (Scientific Workplace, Scribus, Word, etc). These comments can emphasize both what is good and what is bad about the way LyX does (or does not do) things.
- Presentations: A page about how you can use LyX to create presentations, and also presentation tools useful with LyX.
- Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting your LyX installation
- DebugFlags: How to start LyX with debug flags to produce diagnostic output.
- Feature Poll:
- LyX on different operating systems
- Linux: LyX has been developed on Linux from the beginning, so it is already included in many distributions.
- Creating LyX RPM: Notes on how to create a RPM for your Linux distribution.
- Debian: Installation
- RedHat: This page is meant to document any special steps needed to install different versions of LyX on a Linux system based on Red Hat/Fedora Core
- Ubuntu: How to correctly install LyX on Ubuntu. (Debian users should check LyXOnDebian.)
- Mac OS X: This is a HOWTO for LyX/Mac, a full-featured native implementation of LyX on the Mac OS X.
- Windows: This group of pages contains information related to using LyX on Microsoft Windows systems.
- Mac-X11: LyX/X11 on MacOSX
- Cygwin: This page describes how to use LyX under Cygwin on Windows by building
- Group map: Overview of the groups about (or related to) LyX
- Live CDs: Live CDs with LyX
- Logotype: About the LyX logo and some variants of it.
- DocBook: DocBook is a comprehensive - if slightly bloated - file format for large, structured documents. There are SGML and XML variants. DocBook documents can be transformed into a wide variety of printed and electronic formats, including PDF, PS, HTML, CHM, and others.
- Portable Installation: This page describes how to create a portable installation under Windows. This can then be used from a USB stick or a network drive without installing any software.
- Version Control Installation and Usage: In this wiki page, I will deal with version control installation and usage on MS Windows and Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu and Centos). I will also deal with using a cloud storage with version control (dropbox, BOX, OneDrive,…..., etc.)