<< | Page list | >>
About the FAQ.
About the FAQ
This page contains notes about how we should deal with the LyX FAQ,
i.e. questions such as the following:
- What kind of information should the FAQ contain?
- How should we maintain the FAQ?
- How should users be able to access the FAQ?
Some related list posts:
Distribution of the FAQ
The goal is to make the FAQ available to LyX users in the following forms:
- An online version available at the LyX wiki
- A slightly less up-to-date version that is distributed with LyX as
FAQ.lyx. This file should ideally be automatically generated from the FAQ
The idea is to generate a file, FAQ.lyx, from a set of wiki pages. This
shouldn't be too difficult and there are two possible ways:
- Via latex and tex2lyx. John Rankin is working on something that might be
able to produce latex from a set of wiki pages.
- Using a special script that directly generates a .lyx-file from the wiki
Please note that we can add our own special markup for the wiki pages if
that makes things easier for us.
Category: Development, Documentation, Documentation development