<< | Page list | >>
Tutorials on using LyX
Feel free to add tutorials (or links to tutorials) below.
tips/instructions on adding material and uploading files. Tutorials
should be uploaded to the directory
subdirectory). If you create a separate page for the tutorial, use a page
name that begins with
(singular form) and add a link to it
List of tutorials
- Essentials of LyX — by Stephen Wolff and Liviu Andronic. Provides an overview of the essential features and functions of LyX for complete beginners (PDF and source).
- LyX: advanced features — by venom00. Slides in English (PDF and source) and in italian (PDF and source) to present some LyX's advanced features (shortcuts, presentations with beamer and instant preview with XY-pic and TikZ).
- Writing Self-Published Books with Lyx — by Steve Litt [www.troubleshooters.com]
- LyX Quickstart — A LyX introduction by Steve Litt [www.troubleshooters.com]
- LyX, LaTeX and TeX — An essential read for those creating or modifying environments by Steve Litt [www.troubleshooters.com]
- Manualetto per scrivere la tesi con LyX, LaTeX and BibTeX1 (zip 220kb) by Guido Milanese
- Presentazione "Scrivere la Tesi Con LyX: la giusta via di mezzo fra la potenza/qualitÓ di LaTeX e la semplicitÓ d'uso di un word processor comune" 2 (pdf 1.1MB) by Gian Paolo Ghilardi & Silvia Tagliafico
- Using LyX For DTP by Kathryn Andersen [katspace.org].
- A simple guide to LaTeX/LyX by Bo Peng, see section below.
- Document processing with LyX and SGML
— by Chris Karakas,
- Self-publishing with LYX by Alan L Tyree. Very nice and informative book. Description extracted from the book: 'This book explains why you should use LYX if you are a self-publisher, and it examines those parts of LYX that are of particular importance to you as a self-publisher.'
- GOT LyX? IT DOES A WRITING GOOD! ... by Truoc Duong (First Edition, Lulu Press, 2007, ISBN 978-1-4303-2841-4). This book shows you how download and install LyX and quickly teaches you how to use LyX to create professionally looking term papers, research papers, theses, paper books and ebooks.
- LyX! THE ZEN OF SELF PUBLISHING! ... by Truoc Duong (First Edition, Lulu Press, 2007, ISBN 978-1-4303-1081-5). Not only is this book great for self publishing authors and freelance writers, but it is also a great guide for college students who want to impress their professors and classmates with their professionally looking term papers, reports, and theses.
- LyX, The Other Way of Writing (English) A CC book on how to properly use LaTeX, XeTeX, and OpenType in LyX.
- LyX, la otra forma de escribir (espa˝ol) Un libro con licencia CC que explica cˇmo utilizar correctamente LaTeX, XeTeX y OpenType en LyX.
A simple guide to LaTeX/LyX by Bo Peng
Bo Peng has written a tutorial that was initially for internal use at
http://www.stat.rice.edu. It is a crash course on LaTeX/LyX and starts
from the basics of LaTeX and covers most basic usages of LyX.
The tutorial A simple guide to LaTeX/LyX[stat.rice.edu] can be read online, or downloaded from the wiki as lyxguide.lyx or lyxguide.pdf.