<< | Page list | >>
How to set up LyX under Windows to use it for Khmer
Note: Khmer will first be supported by LyX in the version LyX 2.3 that has not yet been released.
- Install LyX for Windows
- Install Khmer fonts of your choice e.g. from this page.
Testing the Installation
- Run LyX and press Ctrl+N to open a new document. Write a few words in English, and press Ctrl+R.
A PDF viewer program should be opened; check that it displays the text correctly.
- Open another document and call the menu Document → Settings.
- Select there in the Language section "Khmer"
- Select there in the Fonts section a Khmer font as roman, sans-serif and as typewriter font.
- Press OK to close the document settings and type in a few words. In the document settings Press Ctrl+R and check the output.
- If you do not see Khmer characters in LyX, check in the LyX preferences that the screen fonts support Khmer.