<< | Page list | >>
About the new features in LyX 2.4.
What is new in LyX 2.4?
The LyX Team
§ New features brought by the new file format
§ Float Alignment
It has been requested by many users to be able to globally specify an alignment for all float contents. This is now possible. The default alignment of floats contents can now be set in Document→Settings...→Float Settings and locally modified in the Float Settings dialog:
The following (LaTeX) fonts are now supported natively:
- PT Fonts These "Public Types of Russian Federation" focus on Cyrillic and contain also Latin letters.
- Enhanced Bitstream Charter fonts via the XCharter LaTeX package.
§ New supported document languages
§ New supported LaTeX commands
- Support for the landscape environment of the [pdf]lscape packages has been added in form of the new Landscape module.
- The possibility to switch between raw LaTeX input and formatted input in some dialog widgets has been extended to included listing's captions.
§ General improvements
Better Handling of Special Cases
- LyX now has basic support for the cprotect package. This means that "verbatim" input can be used now at places where a LaTeX error would have occurred previously, such as verbatim paragraphs in frame boxes, URLs with characters such as '#' or '%' in section headings or footnotes or comment insets in captions, which allows us to resolve some really old bug reports.
User Interface improvements
- The Text Style dialog, which has been very badly designed and thus subject to many bug reports and irritations, has been completely reworked and now looks and behaves more like users expect. Particularly the "toggling" behavior that irritated so many users has been dropped:
Furthermore, there is now an option to exclude text passages from spellchecking.
- Both Custom Character Styles and Custom Insets can now be directly selected from the toolbar.
§ New translations of the LyX user interface
§ New or changed LFUNs
The following functions have been added:
The following functions have been changed:
§ Module enhancements
§ Image formats and conversion
§ New preferences settings
§ Under the hood