<< | Page list | >>
About the new features in LyX 2.4.
What is new in LyX 2.4?
The LyX Team
§ New features brought by the new file format
The following (LaTeX) fonts are now supported natively:
- PT Fonts These "Public Types of Russian Federation" focus on Cyrillic and contain also Latin letters.
- Enhanced Bitstream Charter fonts via the XCharter LaTeX package.
§ New supported document languages
§ New supported LaTeX commands
- Support for the landscape environment of the [pdf]lscape packages has been added in form of the new Landscape module.
- The possibility to switch between raw LaTeX input and formatted input in some dialog widgets has been extended to included listsing's captions.
§ General improvements
- LyX now has basic support for the cprotect package. This means that "verbatim" input can be used now at places where a LaTeX error would have occurred previously, such as verbatim paragraphs in frame boxes, URLs with characters such as '#' or '%' in section headings or footnotes or comment insets in captions, which allows us to resolve some really old bug reports.
§ New translations of the LyX user interface
§ New or changed LFUNs
The following functions have been added:
The following functions have been changed:
§ Module enhancements
§ Image formats and conversion
§ New preferences settings
§ Under the hood