<< | Page list | >>
How to use LyX for books and articles in Journals of the Springer publishing company.
The Springer publishing group provides author informations and LaTeX-classes for articles submitted to its journals and also for books. The different Springer journals use different LaTeX classes. For most journals it it currently the class svjour3. For books and monographes the class svmono is used in most cases, and svmult for multi-author books. Therefore read Springer's author instructions carefully.
The instructions below assume that you are using MiKTeX as LaTeX-distribution. If you are using another LaTeX-distribution, adjust the file paths accordingly.
- Go to MiKTeX's installation folder (for example C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9) (if you want to install the Springer classes for all users of the PC)
or to MiKTeX's user folder (for example C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.9) (to install only for the current PC user).
- Create a Springer-specific subfolder structure in this folder. Assuming C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9, create the following new folders:
- C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\bibtex\bst\springer
- C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\tex\latex\springer
- Download Springer classes and BibTeX styles to appropriate subfolders above. Assuming C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9, these are:
- For svjour3, Springer's journal class:
- Extract the contents of ftp://ftp.springer.de/pub/tex/latex/svjour3/global.zip to C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\tex\latex\springer.
(Allow to overwrite all files if you are asked.)
- Download all the files at ftp://ftp.springer.de/pub/tex/latex/svjour3/bibtex to C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\bibtex\bst\springer.
- For svmono, Springer's single-author book class:
- For svmult, Springer's multi-author book class:
- Notify MiKTeX of files installed above. This is done by
- opening in the Windows start menu MiKTeX 2.9→Maintenance (Admin)→Settings (Admin) (if for all users)
or MiKTeX 2.9→Maintenance->Settings (if for current user).
- clicking the button Refresh FNDB.
- Notify LyX of files installed above. This is done by
- (re)starting LyX
- using the menu Tools→Reconfigure
A detailed manual for installing SVMono and SVMult Springer document classes can be found here.
LyX includes the template files svjour3.lyx for the sbvjour3 class, svmono_book-master.lyx for the svmono class and svmult_editor-master.lyx for the svmult class. (The files svmult_author.lyx and svmult_appendix.lyx are subdocuments of svmult_editor-master.lyx.)