<< | Page list | >>
A group of pages with various tips related to using LyX and increase producitivty.
This group is intended to gather various tips to increase the productivity when using LyX. The best tip so far is to check out the LaTeX Tips & Tricks by Herbert Voß — it's great! (Link seems down, alternate: http://texnik.dante.de/cgi-bin/mainFAQ.cgi?file=index texnik.dante.de(approve sites)).
If you have additional tips, tricks and neat things that can be done with LyX you are more than welcome to add it here (add a description of new pages to Tips.PageList, included below). Please make the first line of your page a title: That information is what will be displayed below, after the page name.
- Tips: Homepage of the group Tips/.
- Installation and Configuration
- User Interface
- Symbols: Tips for entering various symbols in LyX
- KeyboardShortcuts: Modifying LyX keyboard shortcuts
- Color: How to customize the colors of LyX.
- Color schemes: This is the place to share different color schemes that change the look of LyX. If you want to apply these color schemes, copy and paste the listed text into the file "preferences" (located in "Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Lyx" on Windows, ~/Library/Application Support/LyX-1.x on Mac OSX or ~/.lyx on most other systems, and created for the first time after changing your LyX settings and pressing the "Save" button).
- Fullscreen: Using LyX in Full-screen mode
- Display the version number: Make the LyX version number visible
- Writing documents
- Outline: Tips related to using an outline when creating a document, i.e. when outlining the document.
- Typography: This article is about Typography in LyX.
- Using LyX Features
- Change Tracking Lyx 1-3-2: Change tracking for LyX 1.3
- Indexing: This page is for adding tips about writing an index. feel free to add to it.
- Nomenclature: Create a list of symbols with LyX and the nomencl package
- MathMacros: This page contains tips about Math Macros in LyX
- ChildMathMacros: How to include a file containing math-macros in child documents (LyX < 1.6).
- LyX Tricks
- Classes and Layouts
- General LaTeX Tips
- Using LaTeX Packages with LyX
- Exporting and Sharing LyX Documents
- Using LyX with Other Programs
- Additional software: A place for users to share tips about software that is useful in combination with LyX, e.g. vector drawing software.
- Using LyX with Tgif: Tips for using LyX with Tgif....
- Use Inkscape SVG Images: As of version 1.6.6 LyX directly supports SVG files - only librsvg or Inkscape needs to be installed on your computer. To enable the default support on Windows, edit preferences and add the path to Inkscape to the paths section (it appears that the path entry may be case sensitive, so use the correct letter casing on the path, even on Windows). Then use Tools | Reconfigure. If you open up the Converters preference again, you should see new entries there for SVG to PNG, SVG to EPS, and SVG to PDF. Once you have them, everything should work fine. You do NOT have to add the converters yourself; they will be automatically added when LyX detects Inkscape on the path during a reconfigure operation. If they're not there, check the path you entered and ensure that you have matched the case perfectly, and that the target directory exists, and that inkscape.exe is there.
- WordCount: Counting the words in a LyX document
- Copy tables from spreadsheets: Pasting data from a spreadsheet into LyX
- Correcting split Subversion keywords: How to block and correct subversion keywords split across lines in .lyx files
- Use Ipe files directly in LyX: How to use Ipe files (*.ipe) directly in LyX, using converts.
- Use Dia files directly in LyX as pdf: <How to use Dia files directly in Lyx as PDF>
- Fix Dead Keys and Compose: Dead keys and Compose key often fail in installations of LyX, especially when qt wasn't present beforehand. Here are some tips to fix this.
- Unicode input using Ctrl-Shift-U: It may not be possible with certain flavours of Linux to enter unicode characters in LyX using Ctrl-Shift-U then the character code point.
- Other tips
I used to have the error "LaTex Error: File `setstyle.sty' not found" - i googled setstyle.sty downloaded the file and copyed it into almost every single folder in MikTex - that didn´t do it - yet. (I have no idea in which folder it is supposed to go...)
I had to do the follwoing: "START" -> "PROGRAMMS" -> "MikTex 2.8" -> "Maintenance" -> "Settings"
and there I had to push "Refresh FNDB".
After that Lyx could handle the "doublespace" for Example.